Monday, July 7, 2014

I just ate about 10 lbs of tofu

So I have this unhealthy obsession with the tiny little triangle pieces of tofu at Whole Foods. Thank GOD whole foods is a good 20 minutes away from us otherwise I'd be ordering $10.50 salads every night. Today, I wasn't feeling myself and was craving those tiny little pieces of goodness so I subtly let the troops know and as soon as I got home from work we jumped in the car and headed over.

(Side note: I didn't even take a picture of it for this blog because I inhaled it so fast.)

But if you're familiar with the Whole Foods Salad Bar, you know what I'm talking about. That and a little cabbage crunch and it's heaven in a little cardboard container. But I seriously think I put in about 10 lbs of tofu and proceeded to each every. single. piece.

In the back of my head I was thinking, well it's a rest day, I'll just walk it off on the treadmill, no jumping around with Les Mills Combat tonight. WRONG. I misread the schedule and I have to somehow jump around and kick with what feels like a rock of tofu in my stomach doing 30 minute combat. Thank god it's only 30 minutes. If I saw a "6-0" I might've thrown in the towel. So, instead, I'm procrastinating writing this blog.

Anyway, I hope everyone had a fabulous 4th of July. I stayed right on track with my diet, bringing my own food to a bbq on Saturday and making sure I got that dreaded 60 minute combat workout in before the party. I did have a half of glass of sangria at the party but that's all I needed! I even drove my family home. Can't remember the last time someone wasn't carting my ass home from a party like that. Things have changed. For the better.

Gearing up for another party on Saturday-my "baby's" 4 year old birthday. FOUR. I can't even believe it. Crazy how much time flies. Feels like four years ago when it was this day and I was a week late ready to pop and have my sweet pea already! And now here it is, FOUR years later and he's getting ready to go to pre-k in the fall. Unreal.



It's also a year that I herniated my disc so bad I was out of work, working from home for 3 months on my back on the couch.



The disc was so herniated, oozing out and pressing on the nerve I couldn't walk - every time I tried I would collapse in pain. After months of trying "conservative" methods including PT, pain meds, an inversion table, acupuncture, I opted to go under the knife and wouldn't you know it, I walked right out of the hospital. Rothman Institute was a godsend and gave me my life back. It was such a hard time in my life. I couldn't play with my son, I couldn't do normal things like getting dressed and walking downstairs, I couldn't do anything at all. Taking a shower made me want to give up on life and there were times I wondered if my life would ever be the same. I was in a dark, dark, dark, dark place. I can't emphasize dark enough.

And here I am almost a year to the day, kicking ass and taking names with Les Mills Combat. So if you have what I had, don't give up. There is a light at the end of the tunnel however dim it may be now! I remember crying practically every day from the pain and the situation and yet, still somehow I was able to work as if I was in the office (much to my mother's dismay!) But I was able to still rock it even with all the pressure of getting stuff done for the sales conference and now here I am a year later, getting ready for it now and can't wait for a much different experience this time. What a difference a year makes! I have more pics I need to track down from that unbelievable experience but I think it was on a computer that crashed...I'll have to see what I can track down.



OH and to update you on the actual weight loss/inches lost: I lost an inch and a half off of my waist so far in 2 weeks - down 5 lbs! 20 more to go! I got this!

I guess I should go throw some workout clothes and get it over with. Although once that music starts pumping and they start motivating me I know I'll put my all into it!



Until tomorrow!

xoxo,
Court


No comments:

Post a Comment